The Highlight Reel.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"A Bad Dream"


I didn't think I'd be this bummed about the fact that the high school baseball season is over. After all, this does mean that I get my husband back. Which is critical at this time in our lives because we are trying to get a house built.

But after a few days of mourning the loss Jason got around to feeling like talking to me again (the silence made for a not so great mothers day) and all he could say was


"this all feels like a bad dream, like we really didn't lose. I will wake up and we'll
be playing those games again".



I spent the better part of an hour listening to how bummed Jason is about the whole situation. I am fortunate enough to have played in some big games "back in the day" that didn't always go my way, and I can sympathize with my poor husband. I know he didn't actually play in the games, but I also know that it's just as hard on him if not harder to deal with the two losses.

So even though I do get to become
reacquainted with my husband now that baseball is over, it doesn't make the end of a great season any easier to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment