The Highlight Reel.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Our summer of "Staycations"



This summer it has been a little harder to go for an extended vacation or camping trip like we usually take. With Jason in school again to get his master's degree he doesn't have much time on his hands for fun stuff. We have had a few mini trips already this summer.
The kids and I spent the day bumming around downtown SLC while our car was getting some work done. They thought it was so much fun to ride trax and just wonder around. We met up with Jason for lunch and then spent the afternoon at the gateway. I got some school shopping done and the kids got to play in the water.






One of our favorite places to go here in Utah is to our families camp spot, Laplatta. My parents, sisters, and even my grandfather in law all have spots there. We love spending time with our family and love that we have such a peaceful area to spend our time.






While at Laplatta we took a cruise over to Bear Lake. The water there is so pretty and the kids love to splash around in the water near the beach.





Here's a quick peek of my cute little ones with the beautiful wildflowers covering the mountain. The wildflowers were as pretty as I have ever seen them, unfortunately I didn't do a very good job at photographing them.



1 comment:

  1. Aww sounds and looks way super fun Amanda! I LOVE all the pictures. Glad that you are using every second of the summer up! What a blast!

    ReplyDelete